Thursday, January 21, 2010

Looking Back (3 Portraits)




    Today while discussing a few items on my portfolio with a friend I found these 3 portraits, completely different from one another; and I mean, absolutely different; these all date at least 1 to 3 years back if I can recall correctly.
   Two spontaneously happened, one was in a regular studio setting. However, looking closely at all of them to me  they all reflected human emotions so deeply embedded; The lady is telling me that she can overcome anything; she is on top of the world; The front man is indifferent even though he gave me permission to take this image, so much disdain (by the way, that is my favorite) and the old man just sadness but at the same time peace, he knows very well what is closing in.
  I love all three of them, for what they tell me.

4 comments:

  1. that middle photo is just *perfectly* composed- one of those one-in-a-million shots. The silhouette of the girl in the doorway mirrors his stance, and his indifference is really kind of melancholy.

    gorgeous shot aixa.

    and how about our naughty dogs? dolly finally got off the bed when i asked her if she wanted breakfast. you betcha.

    have a great weekend. really relishing your photo posts. xo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lilly;
    Thanks so much for the comment, I have to agree, it is a 1 in a million shot, I really liked it when i first took it, but it has been a while since I looked at it.
    My mud/lab dog is the most spoiled brat you could ever find, we adore her, she knows it and makes a good use out of it!!!!
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite is the last photograph. There isn't a single thing that I don't love about it. I can feel the birds in the trees, smell the air and step inside of this man that isn't even looking at me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Rachel...
    That is exactly how that day was.
    and He was in the middle of that wonderful day..

    ReplyDelete