Thursday, November 19, 2009

Framing the Sky
















  Architecture can defy nature and our perception of natural things surrounding us.
  It can slice; filter or make the sky bigger by reflection. Beautiful, really.
  It can have a statement of its own regardless of what it affects.
  Are we searching for a Sculpture-Architecture?; or are we trying to create in order to shelter the ones in need? Are we trying to build and not destroy everything around it?

  When I went to architectural school; never put a brick or a wall together with my own hands; it was not on the curriculum, that I can recall of course. How is that?. I can compare this to a surgeon coming out of Med School not even trying to use a scalpel before. I guess that is where the deficiency starts.

 Soundtrack " We share our Mother's Health" by The Knife.

No comments:

Post a Comment